Internships & Jobs
It is important that sustainability and environmentalism extend beyond the classroom, beyond the student organizations and into the workplace. Whether you are a student looking for a summer internship, a co-op, a first job or a lifetime career - we have what you are looking for.
If you are a current college student looking for an internship (paid or unpaid) in sustainability, recycling or environmentalism explore our links below!
Jobs in sustainability, recycling and clean energy are more important now than they have ever been. Explore our links below to find one that suits your interests and skills!
Learn How To Become.... Green
Their website offers information on career opportunities, scholarships, internships, trends in green jobs and a peek at where green jobs are popping up in the private and public sector.
Renewability. Sustainability. Efficiency. These three words describe the engine that will drive the economic growth in the near future and for decades to come. As the world’s economy goes, so goes its jobs market. This guidebook has been created to help readers better understand exactly what lies ahead for job seekers in a renewable, sustainable and more efficient world. If you are interested in finding a career where you can make a difference while making a living, this guidebook is for you.
Tips & Information
Resource - Sustainability Degrees
- An overview of careers in sustainability, including a salary calculator that factors in position and location (city & state) http://www.sustainabilitydegrees.com/careers/
- A comprehensive list of colleges that offer programs in sustainability-related fields (over 1,000 programs and growing!) http://www.sustainabilitydegrees.com/degrees/
- A college student action guide with over 10,000 words on building sustainability campaigns on campus, finding funding, and reaching goals http://www.sustainabilitydegrees.com/the-ultimate-how-to-guide-for-students/
- Environmental Science Degrees and Careers
- Environmental Engineering Degrees and Careers
- On Line Colleges; The Path to a Sustainability Career
Green Degrees and Careers
The popularity of college degrees in green majors is large and growing, and for good reason. The demand for sustainability professionals is growing, too. That means more high-paying, long-term “green-collar” jobs are being created daily. Demand breeds variety. Due to the greater demand for green-collar workers, colleges and universities are stepping up and offering a wider variety of green majors and specializations at every degree level. See top paying green careers and most popular green degrees.